Google Website Translator Gadget

09 September, 2011

Seaweed Mattifying Face Creme



I’m always on the hunt for a good primer or anything that can be used as a primer, most primers that I’ve tried have fallen way short and within an hour I’m usually looking like an oil slick, I think that I may have found a suitable primer stand in however.

My problem zones are my nose and the apples of my cheeks, while my forehead is perfect and around my mouth and my chin are very dry. A few weeks ago I started using a mist and set spray, and while it kept my makeup in place, after about two days, I started to notice that it had broken me out in fine little bumps all over my cheeks and nose, my skin looked rough (what I like to call alligator skin) and my skin’s oil production in those areas had increased to about twice what it normally is. I was unable to use my night creme because it was too heavy and exacerbated the problems and I ended up with whiteheads. I decided to look for something much lighter to use both day and night while my skin healed, and the only place that I knew of where I could get something like that, which would also promote healthy skin renewal was the body shop. So that’s where I went and the salesgirl recommended their Seaweed Line. After looking over all the other lines in the store, I did eventually buy the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. I’ve been using it for about two weeks now, and I have a few thoughts on the product after the jump.

The consistency is that of an almost translucent gel-creme, it has a very cool feel on the face and you can see and feel clearly that it is water based. The smell is very fresh and faintly oceanic. When I first opened it I thought that maybe I had been given a product that someone else had returned, because there was only 3/4 of what I would normally expect to be in creme jar. But then I remembered from my days working at the body shop that returned items aren’t even kept as sample items, they’re thrown out. So apparently that was as much as would be in any container. After using it the first time I discovered why, a little goes a long way. Of course, because I have dry spots I initially had some issues with my chin, but I found that if I used a very tiny amount of my regular night moisturiser on my chin only and then added a little of the Seaweed moisturiser over it, problem solved. 

The website says that it is “An easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating moisture cream. Leaves the skin feeling fresh, clean, soft and supple with a shine-free, matte complexion”. First, it does what it promises and then some. It does mattify and moisturise the face, leaving a smooth surface while controlling my oil prone areas throughout the day. Second, it has been doing double duty as a primer and doing it extremely well, I only realised that I could use it as a primer earlier this week and wore it under my Korres Mineral Foundation and it worked wonderfully in conjunction with the foundation, the only place that I haven’t used it to prime is my eyelids as I’m not sure that I should get in my eye area since it’s not an eye formulated crème. As for the easily absorbed, that’s debatable as it takes a fair amount of time for me to work the product into my skin, but maybe I’m using too much. In any case, the payoff is worth however long it takes me to work it in. The final benefit that I’ve found to date is that it has been tightening my pores that had been opened as a side effect to my reaction to the mist and set spray. 

 This much is not really needed, I just used that much to show consistency and colouring.













After rubbing it into the skin, as you can see, it absorbs into the skin very well.












Basically I have nothing bad to say about this creme which is odd because even while working at The Body shop and being able to get items for almost 50% off I wasn’t keen on the products but I did respect them for being all natural, sustainable and being involved in the fair trade movement. But this is a 5 star product, not only because it does what it says, but because it does much more than it was intended. You can pick it up as any Body Shop location or on the website for $16 +tax or click the Amazon link at the top of the post, they have it for $13.

Music used while writing this post
Adele-Rolling In The Deep
Lily Allen-Knock Em Out
Elbow-Grounds For Divorce
Pepper Rabbit- Rose Mary Stretch
Katy Perry-ET
Ellie Goulding-Under The Sheets
Sean Hayes-Powerful Stuff
V.V. Brown-Crying Blood
P!nk-Funhouse


3 comments:

  1. Alright...I am SOLD! LOL! This is precisely what I have been needing and it will come in handy since I am going home for Christmas and last time that happened my skin threw a major tantrum (switching from humid weather to very cold and dry). Thanks!

    BTW: I always love reading the music section at the end. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl, You need this in your life!! I always like reading music selections at the end of my books, so I decided to do the same, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stuff is SOOOOOOO good!!! I rarely need to re-powder during the day! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete