Google Website Translator Gadget

14 October, 2011

In Love! With Everyday Minerals

Be prewarned. This is going to be a long one.

One of best things to happen to me makeup-wise in the last few months, has been the discovery of Everyday Minerals. I discovered it on my journey to find my perfect mineral foundation. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me with their mineral foundation, because my hyper sensitive skin seems to  be a snob that prefers to have nothing but Korres foundations grace it. And so of course I broke out and my skin itched like mad, but it did lead me to my beloved Korres Mineral Foundation. I probably would have moved on and never shopped there again, if not for what I consider a rather unique selling style, that is, they have weekly (now daily I believe) promos where you can get mini sizes of their products for free with a minimum purchase, usually $21 and lately as little as a $10 purchase. This is an absolutely brilliant marketing strategy because 1. Their products and superb which will keep you coming back and 2. Their price point is excellent, which will also keep you coming back. So this was the beginning of a pretty unhealthy addiction for my bank account, but one that is so worth it whenever I think of what I'm saving and getting in comparison to other brands.

In my first order I stumbled onto a promo for a free shadow set and added it to my cart. When the shadows came, I received Comfy, Take Out, Wine Tasting and Ginger Peach in their travel sizes and I was instantly hooked. Over the last month or so I've placed almost $200 in orders, which is a lot because their product price points rarely go above $9 per item, the most expensive things that they have are their brushes which run about $11-$14.

OK, so.  As I said the thing that got me going back was how great the shadows that I got in the promo were. Then I got hooked on their blushes from another promo, darn you Everyday Minerals! But no really, the colours are awesome and the powders are so finely milled and very buildable. I was never one for blushes til I actually tried EM blushes and while I now have two Tarte blushes, a MAC blush and one MUFE blush with another two NYX HD Grinding blushes on the way, I have eight EM blushes. Pictures after the jump.





Yes eight. Can one person manage to wear so many blushes you ask? The answer to that is resounding YES! These are the blushes that I wear almost daily, because I find that I an build them up to the look that I want exactly and because each one suits the mood that I'm in on a given day. On a day when I want to keep my makeup very light and natural, I reach for Snooze Bar, a taupy brown with light shimmer, What May Come,a very very light wash of pink with shimmer, or Disco Inferno a matte plummy shade. When I want to accentuate the golden/peachy tones in my skin, it's Bollywood (oh wicked irony) an almost matte peachy shade with very light shimmer, Truly Tiger a peachy coral shade with shimmer or Sand Cherry a pure peachy shade with shimmer. On the days that I'm feeling adventurous, I head over to the Corner Office or Theme Park. It's when I'm wearing Truly Tiger or Bollywood though that people stare and compliment my complection.

I've also become more than a little obsessed with EM eye shadows and as of date, I own almost every colour that they make. One of the reasons that I can own so many is because every week as I said before they have promos that give away anything from one to as many as four shadows, they also however, have collections that they bundle together. Usually between three and I think ten was the most I have ever seen in a collection, and along with the shadows they bundle in some of their eye brushes.  These are some of my favvourite shadows from EM.


These are my faves so far, who know what will happen when new colours come out. I'm  a fickle creature called woman. My two favourite shadows  by a landslide however, have to be Junier and Starry Eyed. I'll admit to getting Starry Eyed because at the time I was obsessed with the song Starry Eyed by Ellie Goulding, but I'm so glad I got both of them. These are two really unique colours.  Juniper is a green that starts out as a sparkly moss green, but turns into a darker forest green with shimmer when rubbed in. The same happens with Starry Eyed, turning it from a very light, very sparkly taupy brown to a dark, yet still managing to sparkle brown. My camera doesn't do either of them justice.




So that's the good. The bad is actually not too bad. Sometimes the colours don't show up as brilliantly as they look in the container, two of these are actually two of my favourites, Wish You Were Here and Silent Current. Fortunately foiling helps to restore the colours to brilliance.

As I said they have great bundle collections and I've bought pretty much all of them, most being shadow bundles (because I'm obsessed with eye shadow) and a few mixed bundles of shadow and mini blushes. They have only one blush only bundle, but that was more than enough to get me hooked on the blushes. I've also started buying backups of my favourites because they sometimes discontinue items, like the Theme Park blush, unfortuantely I wasn't quick enough on the draw with that one, so I will be using what I have sparingly.

They offer both shadows and blushes in mini/travel sizes. The shadows are the travel sizes that range from $2.50 to $5.00 and the regular sizes are $7. The blushes have are mini sizes that range from $3.50 to $6. Regular sized blushes are $8 to $10. Travel sizes of the shadows are quite a lot, when I removed them from the bottles they came in (the rollerball makes it difficult for me to foil) they filled 5g jars to capacity. Pictures below.














So yes ladies, Everyday Minerals is the new love of my life, I've never paid this much attention to any of my lovers before, as I said I'm fickle, but I have a feeling this love affair is probably gonna be a long one.


Some looks I created with EM Shadows.


Wish You Were Here/Art Girl Lower Lid. Starry Eyed upper lid very very lightly applied.


Silent Current (inner)/Mystic Night Lower Lid. Ado To You very lightly applied upper lid.
































Music used during this post

Maroon 5-Moves Like Jagger-Over and over and over and over..... (thanks L-bogie)

No comments:

Post a Comment